Thursday, May 8, 2008

Keeping up the Reporter Life

As my first entry for my blog I would like to express the hardships of a young journalist in a new town: If you're not determined and passionate in what you're doing it'll be tough to get by on your own. When I first moved out here to Austin Minnesota I was looking forward to my new journey as a TV reporter. Coming from Chicago, it was difficult for me to find those "hard" news stories in a small town like Austin. But it pushed me to be more creative and to really know the community, unlike in a big city where no one really knows who you are. I started working at the ABC station in March and I have learned a lot from the people I work with everyday. I also learn from the people who I write about and if you listen closely there are endless stories to tell about each individual. I love my work, I'm not perfect but everyday I face a new challenge and I find ways to over come it. So check out my work at www.kaaltv.com and let me know what you think thus far. I will keep you posted on my progress! And thanks for reading my blog!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Keeping up the life of a Reporter sounds exciting. It also resembles the ideals and prinicples of anyone keeping up with their dream. Regardless of what lies ahead, those in tune with their dreams, do not look back. Individuals such as yourself, strive to pull forward, even when there is not much of a following. It is because of those skills, that you will one day surpass all the negetivity. It is that day, that you will conquer all of your dreams, and will no longer be "keeping up" with that life. You will be Living it.